Thursday, July 31

Concerts, Concerts, and Concerts... Oh My!


One of my good friends, Keith, is like Mr. Music. The guy has a musical knowledge that stretches into the vast expanses of musical knowledge. He's a mainstream snob (not to sound like I'm putting him down), but as far as most other stuff goes, especially indie and 90's alternative, he's definitely a go-to guy. I never really used to be into concerts too much, but a couple years ago as I was diving heavily into music of all kinds, Keith got me hooked on them.

I know it's just a phase right now how many I go to, but I've taken advantage of the opportunity and gone to quite a few in the past year and a half. Because I go to so many, I started keeping track of each show's details (date, openers, price, place, attenders, and memorables) so that I can remember all the fun experiences. Since I have all my concerts listed in iCal, I was able to search back even to my first major secular concert. Man, was that a show! It was in June '02 and the band was Doves.

So anywho, here's my list of 2007 and 2008 concerts. Have you seen any of these bands or have any good recommendations? Do tell.

2007

Chris Tomlin
Remedy Drive (2x)
The Apples in Stereo
Mute Math (2x) (you HAVE to see them live)
Snow Patrol + OK Go + Silversun Pickups
Relient K + Mae + Sherwood
Built to Spill
Interpol
Copeland + The Rentals
Ghostland Observatory (Monolith festival)
A Verse Unsung (Monolith festival)
Kings of Leon (Monolith festival)
The Flaming Lips (Monolith festival)
Spoon (Monolith festival)
Cake (Monolith festival)
The Decemberists (Monolith festival)
Of Montreal + MGMT
Eisley (2x)
Blue Man Group + Mike Relm (sweet video DJ)
Rooney + The Redwalls + The Polyphonic Spree
Northern Room + Company of Thieves
Switchfoot + Relient K + Ruth


2008

Angels & Airwaves + Meg & Dia + The Color Fred
Fever Marlene (2x) + The Redwalls
Northern Room (3x)
Explosions in the Sky
Ghostland Observatory (wow, this was AMAZING!)
Eisley + The Myriad + Vedera
The Swell Season
Flight of the Conchords
Life in Stereo (2x)
Choir of the Broken
Paramore
Earth, Wind, & Fire

Upcoming...

Foo Fighters (not sure yet)
My Morning Jacket
Of Montreal
Jason Mraz (back-to-back nights, yo)

1 comment:

Maritza said...

aaaah freaking of montreal! i'm so jealous! i wanna see them live so bad.