Tuesday, August 5

New Music Releases


Today has been a good day for musical announcements. A real good day. Here's a recap.

Kings of Leon

The new album comes out on September 23. And that's way too long for me to wait. I wasn't into 'em when Molly's Chambers was a big hit, but after seeing them at the Monolith Festival last year and getting the last album, I became a massive fan. Especially considering how much they changed from the album before that. It became super diverse musically and much more layered and overall cool. This album from the 2 songs I've heard sounds super promising and I must say, I wait with great anticipation.

Listen to the new single here. I can't stop listening to it tonight!!


Travis

The new album, Ode to J. Smith, is out on September 29. I wasn't sure if this was a full album or not when I first heard of it. I thought maybe it was just an EP or something. Here's what Fran has to say about it...

"Usually I write a bunch of songs over a year and then we record them and piece it together. But this album was born out of a rush of creative urgency; a need to make a record, it has to be amazing. Perhaps that's why Ode To J Smith is the most cohesive thing we've ever done. When you move so quickly there is very little time to reflect. You have to be decisive”.

I've heard one tune off of it and have only listened a couple times and it's definitely different than old stuff. Not sure I dig it, but I can't write off such a great band. If you aren't already familiar with their first 3 albums, namely The Invisible Band which is my fave, you need to fix that. Quickly.


Keane

As I posted the other day, their new album is out soon, on October 13, and they released the single, Spiralling, today for download. It's pretty tasty from the first listen I heard. I only got through it once cos now I can't stop listening to the KOL single. :D

Get it here.

No comments: