Friday, August 1

Today's Treasures :: Sleeping In / Deep Thoughts


Here are a couple things to brighten your day.

First off, a tune that should cheer you up. It's called Sleeping In and is by Nevertheless. From the first 2 seconds, it had my attention the first time I heard it and it just kept getting better. Let me know what you think of it. I totally love this song. If the album is anything like this, we've got something stellar to look forward to. Thanks for passing this on, T Rent!!

Nevertheless MySpace


Second, if you've never heard of Jack Handey, well, I feel bad for you. Of course, I had never heard of him until a couple months ago, so I can't say I've been in the loop for an extended period of time. He's got these hilarious statements called Deep Thoughts and he has a couple books. Here's a selection for today.


- If you're in a boxing match, try not to let the other guy's glove touch your lips, because you don't know where that glove has been.

- It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

- The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

- If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins the most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong, though. It's Hambone.

- Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.

- It's not good to let any kid near a container that has a skull and crossbones on it, because there might be a skeleton costume inside and the kid could put it on and really scare you.

- I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back.

- When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.

- If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you.

- Laurie got offended that I used the word "puke." But to me, that's what her dinner tasted like.

No comments: