Tuesday, November 18

"Goosebump It" playlist


There are a few songs that GUARANTEED will always give me goosebumps every time I listen to them. Without fail. Just thinking about some of them will give me goosebumps. I have several playlists like "Move It" and "Groove It", so this one's called "Goosebump It". I just had to share this list in hopes that some of these will hit you like they hit me. They're in no certain order and it certainly isn't as extensive as it should be, but these are the core ones.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT SONGS ROCK YOU TO THE POINT OF GOOSEBUMPS, SO DROP A COMMENT!


Band of Horses :: The Funeral
The main part that always hits me is the "oooo" at the first chorus. The tender emotion oozing from the guitar, the milky smooth vocals, and the harmony that kills me every time.

Chris Tomlin :: Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
What do you get when you throw a classic hymn at Chris Tomlin? A freaking amazing updated arrangement that will rock you to your core. The chorus he wrote for this is absolutely incredible.

David Gray :: Ain't No Love
Some amazing melody, harmony, and instrumentation throughout make this a killer track.

Dido :: Don't Leave Home
The chorus on this song dominates me. Especially the latter half. Mmm. I'm getting goosebumps just writing about it!

Hans Zimmer :: Cry
For those of you who don't know, The Holiday is in my Top 5 all-time favorite movies and the score is incredible. This song is especially amazing though and easily earns its place in this list.

Hayley Westenra :: Who Painted the Moon Black
Let the chorus wash over you. And wait for the amazing "dah dah dah" harmony that comes in later in the song. Daggum is it tasty.

Jon Foreman :: The Cure for Pain
Simple, yet super well-written lyrically and musically. The harmonizing humming always hits me square in the face.

Leeland :: Tears of the Saints
This 'bumps me because of the lyrical and musical combination. It's great music, but listening to the words just gets to me every time. What an anointed song.

Leigh Nash :: Along the Wall
Yippie yikes. This is a song and a half. LISTEN TO IT NOW! It's solid gold throughout.

Natalie Imbruglia :: Torn
An oldie, but SUCH a goodie. This one gives me some of the most goosebumps out of any of these.

Phoenix :: Love for Granted
So tender. So mild. No, I'm not talking about baby Jesus as referred to in Silent Night. I'm talking about a sweet song that deserves a listen. Or two. Or ten.

Switchfoot :: The Shadow Proves the Sunshine
So delicious. I don't know what other words to say to describe it. It's even more incredible live.

Tim Hughes :: Everything
Great music underneath amazing lyrics cause this one to rock me big time.

The Trashcan Sinatras
This is pretty much the mother lode of this playlist. I hope all of you reading this post made it this far because this certainly shouldn't be at the end of the list. The guitars in this song are sicktastically genius, the solid bass pulls everything together, and the simple drum beat keeps you begging for more but not really wanting it. And the vocals. (sigh) Wow. Just listen to this. Immediately. You have my permission. Close this window and open your iTunes. You owe it to yourself.

No comments: