Monday, November 17

No Quarter concert


A couple months ago, I went to see a Led Zeppelin cover band called No Quarter, here in Sheboygan. It was being held at the nicely restored Stephanie H. Weill Center and was only $20 so I decided to go. I can't say I'm familiar with Zeppelin besides the obvious hits like Rock and Roll, Stairway to Heaven, and Kashmir, but it sounded like a good time and I figured it'd be a good opportunity to finally gain some much needed exposure to such a classic band.

The night started off right with finding out my friend Keith scored us front row seats and continued from there. It took a bit for the band's performance to get into the groove as far as being entertaining, but they definitely started right out grabbing my attention. The mix kept getting better through the first few songs and really sounded good after a while. The raw talent of these guys was pretty dang phenomenal. I'm not familiar with Robert Plant and his stage persona, but from what I've heard from those I was with, this singer nailed both his personality and voice in an uncanny way. I was blown away by the mad skills of the guitarist and drummer, whose Moby Dick solo was Moby Sick. Wow. Excuse that cheesy joke. But I couldn't resist. :) It seriously was out of this world. It was like he was playing with 4 arms. The guitarist made everything look waaaay too easy, even the hardest leads of the night and he pulled out some cool little tricks throughout.

Though they're a fairly new band and are getting their touring legs under them, they really did awesome and I can definitely see them gaining some major popularity. If you're a Zeppelin fan, do yourself a favor and look up No Quarter.

No comments: