Tuesday, November 18

My Morning Jacket concert


This was awesome. Everything I was expecting and more. It was awesome cos there was no opener - the night started right off with them. They were so tight, so animated, and so rockin'. The mix floored me, especially the drums. As with Ratatat, I was super surprised at the diverse crowd that was there. I don't know what's up, but more, dare I say, mainstream people seem to be getting into these bands that I would consider pretty indie. The highlight of the night for the crowd was Highly Suspicious which is a little disheartening considering it's a big shift for MMJ and the fact that it's easily outdone by other songs in their repertoire. Go see 'em if you can. They will jam your socks off and definitely are more appealing to a wider group of people than they are on the CD. Oh, and delight in the goodness that is Touch Me I'm Going to Scream, Part 2. It blew me away. And I already had HUGE expectations for it!

No comments: