Thursday, September 4

"Batman: The Killing Joke"



My friend Keith passed along a Batman graphic novel called "The Killing Joke" around the time The Dark Knight was released and it piqued my interest because it was a resource that Christopher Nolan gave to Heath Ledger to get into the mind of the Joker. If you don't know, TDK currently holds the place of my all-time favorite movie behind The Passion of the Christ, so I was definitely interested in checking out anything related to it. It was a super great read and is cool to see where Nolan got the idea for the script and how Ledger should interpret the role.

I've never been a comic book fan, just because I didn't grow up with them or anything, so this was my first exposure to them. Maybe you're in the same boat, but I highly recommend this one. A graphic novel is basically just a long comic book - this one being only 64 pages. It goes by quickly and is worth the short amount of time it'll take you to read through it.

No comments: