Monday, September 8

I'm In the System


I got my first speeding ticket a few weeks ago when picking up Summer in St. Louis on the drive to Tulsa. It sucked cos I made it down there cruising like a madman with a banshee in my shorts and avoiding all cops in the process. Then I pick her up and slow down my pace and alas, I get nailed on a little in-town highway that supposedly was marked at 45 MPH. We had gotten off a normal speed highway and pulled onto this for just a short while and were talking about how far the next highway was when we crested a hill. Within like 3 seconds, his lights were on even though I tried braking once I saw him. He knocked a few miles off the ticket, probably because we were such a cute couple. :) Ha, not quite. But hopefully he took some pity on a couple of out-of-towners who were just trying to enjoy a nice drive to their destination.

He said I'd have to call in after 10-15 working days to find out the amount of the ticket, which was crazy. There was no indication as to how much it was. Today's the 11th day and they still don't have it on file. And to rub it in, their automated phone line is recorded in a super nice, professional voice. Normally I'd say that was great. But when I'm calling to pay you money for making a little mistake, I don't want to be patronized! :)

So the wait continues. It better not be too much!!

No comments: