Monday, September 8

Movie Review Catch-Up, Part 4


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Disclaimer
Just because I've watched a movie or enjoyed it doesn't mean that it's for everyone. I don't like raunchy content in a movie and I use the websites, ScreenIt and Kids In Mind, frequently to find out what kind of content is in a movie before I watch it. BUT. Everyone's tolerance level of how much content you'll put up with if the movie's worth watching varies. With that in mind, when I say a movie is good, I'm saying that in an overall sense, and I'm saying that from my perspective. I'm not endorsing it, nor am I saying that the content that is in it is appropriate for all ages. I'd prefer the movie to be clean, but if it's overall worth watching and isn't overly raunchy, I'm able to look past a lot of it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Bucket List
I really enjoyed this. A good message and a great combo of seriousness and comedy.
4 of 5.

Drumline
One of those inspirational sports movies. I enjoyed it more being a drummer myself.
4 of 5.

La Vie en Rose
Kinda like the French lady version of Ray. She went through a lot emotionally in her life and the movie does a good job capturing that. Excellent acting!
4 of 5.

Ladron Que Roba A Ladron
A fun Latin heist. The director said they wanted to make the first Latino feature film and to make it Hollywood-style on an indie budget and they did a great job.
4 of 5.

Tom Dowd and the Language of Music
A look into the life of one of music's biggest / revolutionary producers, Tom Dowd, from way back in the day. He worked with the Allman Brothers, Eric Clapton, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, etc.
4 of 5.

Breakfast At Tiffany's
It was okay overall, but I just didn't connect with it as much as I thought I would. I know how much of a classic it is, though, so don't worry diehards - I haven't written it off yet...
3 of 5.

Charlie Bartlett
Not quite as good as I had hoped, but still great. A good coming-of-age flick.
4 of 5.

King of California
No biggie for me. It seemed like all the pieces were there, but I just didn't fully connect. Kurt tore up the acting, though.
3 of 5.

The Lookout
Disappointing. For some reason I thought I had read a quick comment somewhere about there being a twist you'd never see coming, so that didn't help. But overall, it was so linear that I couldn't get into it.
2 of 5.

No comments: