Friday, September 12

Logic Express 8


I just ordered Logic Express 8 from eBay this week and am super psyched to dive into it. I've been using GarageBand for the past couple years through an M-Audio FireWire Solo and more recently, a Mackie Onyx interface, which has been great so far. The WAV tracks are played live through Reason 2.5, which also kicks out a click track for our drummer and a software instrument bass track, which I would input.. We were planning on getting a Pro Tools Digi002 setup this summer so that we could send out the separate track channels into our board, but opted against it now that we have a full band and don't need as intense of a setup as Pro Tools is. It would've been nice, but with the learning curve, money involved, and little need for it right now, we've decided to hold off.

So we ordered Logic Express after a recommendation from my friend Joel. It's still made by Apple, but is a step up from GarageBand, and the things I've heard made with it are ace. I can't wait to get it and get my hands on it!

1 comment:

Brent Homer said...

you will have to do a review of when you get it. we have been multi-tracking with garageband all summer and it has been working well, but I think our worship leader wouldn't mind something beefier...