Monday, September 8

Upcoming Music Releases


I've been having a bit of trouble remembering all the killer albums that are slated to come out soon so I Googled it the other day and got this great link.

Here are the ones I'm most looking forward to:

Metallica :: Death Magnetic :: September 9
This is going to be amazing. Thank you for getting back to your roots, Metallica, and for enlisting Rick Rubin to make you sound better than ever!

Kings of Leon :: Only By The Night :: September 23
Can't wait for this!!!

Travis :: Ode to J. Smith :: September 29
The single hasn't rocked me and I'm hoping that this isn't another 12 Memories where it's a decent album, but not good for a Travis album.

Keane :: Perfect Symmetry :: October 14
With Jon Brion at the producer helm and an already ace single released, I'm stoked for this!

Queen + Paul Rodgers :: The Cosmos Rocks :: October 14
AHHHHHH!! NEW QUEEN!! I've gotta say that at first I didn't dig hugely on Paul Rodgers, but man, he's won me over in the recent past. Their performance at the Nelson Mandela night was freaking awesome and while Paul doesn't come close to being Freddy, he doesn't try to be and he brings out the rockier side of Queen. I hope this rules!!

Sixpence None the Richer :: The Dawn of Grace :: October 14
I heard about this a couple months ago and was floored cos I thought Sixpence was over and done with. I'm elated that they're not! Leigh Nash's voice is one of my all-time favorite female vocalists and her matched up with Christmas songs should be festively tasty.

Switchfoot :: Sometime in 2009?
I'm hoping that with these being their first record after breaking with their label that it'll be more creatively free and more going the direction they've been headed, cos they've really had some killa stuff lately.


A few I didn't know were coming out, but hopefully are good:

Of Montreal :: Skeletal Lamping :: October 7
Mogwai :: The Hawk Is Howling :: September 23
Cold War Kids :: Loyalty to Loyalty :: September 23
Ben Folds :: Way To Normal :: September 30
Oasis :: Dig Out Your Soul :: October 7
Rachael Yamagata :: A Record In Two Parts :: October 7
AC/DC :: Black Ice :: October 20

3 comments:

Tim said...

I've liked Travis and Keane for a couple songs, but I've never fully enjoyed the albums they put out. Switchfoot is great, can't wait as well. Even without his band, Jon Foreman manages to make fantastic music. Kings of Leon feel way too overrated for me, I heard two albums of theirs and they were medeocre.

I don't know if you've heard of these guys, but this band called House of Heroes is releasing an album late this month called The End is Not The End. I've found they're one of the most inventive and quirky Christian bands out there, and this new album is supposed to be this rock-opera-esque masterpiece thing. Here's a link: myspace.com/houseofheroes

Jesse said...

Dude, if you haven't heard Kings of Leon's last, Because of the Times, you need to re-look into them. It's TOTALLY different than the others and is so way cool.

I do know HOH but haven't spun them much.

WEB SHERIFF said...

WEB SHERIFF
Protecting Your Rights on the Internet
Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
Fax 44-(0)208-323 8080
websheriff@websheriff.com
www.websheriff.com

Hi Jesse,

On behalf of Wall of Sound / PIAS, Matador Records and Mogwai, many thanks for plugging “The Hawk is Howling” (release date 21st September) ... .. thanks also, on behalf of the artist and label, for not posting any pirate links to unreleased (studio) material and, if you / your readers want good quality, non-pirated, preview tracks, then full-length versions of “The Sun Smells Too Loud” and other, exclusive previews are available for fans and bloggers to post / host / share etc in the run-up to release at http://www.matadorrecords.com/mogwai/music.html ... .. do also check-out www.mogwai.co.uk and www.myspace.com/mogwai for news and info on the new album and the band’s 2008 shows.

Thanks again for your plug.

Regards,

WEB SHERIFF