Monday, September 8

Mute Math's next album


This was too important to post in the last post about new releases in the land of music. I simply CANNOT wait for this one to finally be in my hands and to see Mute Math in concert with whatever new, crazy cool antics they bring on the road with them. Early 2009 is too long to wait!

I read a couple weeks ago that their producer is going to be Dennis Herring, who did the most recent albums for The Hives, Modest Mouse, and Ben Folds. They're writing and recording right now, so I'm guessing he's just putting the finishing touches on??

In skimming through Mute Math's wiki, I came across some interesting quotes from Paul Meany about the next album. Because I, and so many others I know, revere the first album beyond compare, his 2nd statement draws a raised eyebrow from me. Not that my anticipation has waned at all, but I'm just interested to see what it'll be like. The studio vlogs have been awesome, especially the Light Drums, which you just absolutely must see.

"Our goal is to embarrass the first record, that's what we're trying to do here, and I think we're on point to pull it off."

"Anyone who thinks the first album is perfect will hate this new record. If you heard the first record and liked some stuff about it but think things could improve, you may like it. It's important for us to change up the formula. We thought we were writing the new album for the past 2.5 years on the road, but found out we weren't. We just started three months ago."

No comments: